Monday, December 03, 2007

mixture would remain just a memory


The autumn came and by the time it left,

bared the tree...

When it was not winter and the sun still used to come

With my back to the sun facing the laptop

I could see the shadow of the tree on my laptop screen

This sight would fill me with a mixture of melancholy and joy

For the time of the winter I guess,

that mixture would remain just a memory...

a trip to Walmart today

on a broken-pedaled cycle seemed an adventure

what with rain coming and the wind blowing

all at the odd coincidental time

waiting at a traffic signal,

i looked at more fortunate people in cars

moments of self-pity left me soon

when a 60 year old sweetly wrinkly lady

passed me by

saying a hello

riding a tricycle,

smoking merrily a cigarette

a 60-year old lady

will that lady be another memory

or shall i meet her the next time

in Walmart, smoking merrily and saying

Have a Good Day

on a windy, chilly, rainy day!!

3 comments:

Maxwriter said...

always liked your style of writing :)

Deepa Oommen said...

hey scanned through all ur blogs(archives too). They are interesting and refreshing to read especially the one about the old lady

foibled spirit said...

the name maxwriter does not fit the context of your blog RM...i really happened to meet the old lady deepa, thanks for scanning the blog :)